Weekend Exploration

February 25, 2013

Morning! Sooo… I have a DONUT recipe for all of you. But that would be wayyy too nice of me to just come out and share my favorite sugary breakfast. If I did that, why would you ever bother to come back? I’d like to keep you around so we are going to just have to wait. Perhaps until later today or maybe even tomorrow? So, check back if Sugary-Blueberry-Lemony deliciousness is your thing (and, sorry, but if it’s not then you are lying to yourself).

But until then, I’ve got some weekend pictures to share with you (think of it as a way to prove myself and show that I am about more than just vegan cupcakes and vegetable soups). Wyatt and I gave ourselves haircuts, went exploring at a nearby state park, and watched a whole lot of X-files (5 episodes down, 195 to go…). I love taking winter as an opportunity to explore those parks which are usually too crowded for us to adventure to in the summer.

mccormickscreekmccormickscreek4mccormickscreek3mccormickscreek6twomccormickscreek5mccormickscreek7mccormickscreek8mccormickscreek11mccormickscreek12mccormickscreek13mccormickscreek14

And we ended our day trip with massive amounts of breakfast food at a random diner we came across on our way back to Bloomington. As you can see, Wyatt likes gravy piled on EVERYTHING.

Cruisin’ music:

• Reply Laura February 25, 2013 at 2:03 pm

The haircut looks great!!

• Reply Shellywest February 25, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Thanks so much, Laura! : ]

• Reply narf7 February 25, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I just had a Zooe Deschanel moment! Haircut looks great, you look too cute for fruit and can’t wait to get that doughnut recipe (great teaser ;) ). Cute man too and gravy is good for covering a multitude of sins but that breakfast looks anything but sinful :)

• Reply Shellywest February 25, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Yay! Love that line – ‘too cute for fruit’!!

• Reply Kammie @ Sensual Appeal February 25, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Your photography is beautiful – it has a soft vintage feel to it. Love it! Loving the hair!

• Reply Shellywest February 25, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Thanks, Kammie! I prefer the old school fuzzy film look when taking photos.

• Reply Chickpea Magazine Winter 2013 /// February Recap | V March 1, 2013 at 2:25 pm

[...] GOODBYE February and HELLOOOO March. I’m thinking [hoping] March will be filled with more outdoor adventures, road trips, and garden prepping. [...]