In Search of Sun

March 2, 2014

It feels a bit inappropriate to be sharing these island photos with you while it’s currently pouring freezing rain outside my window but these photos are keeping me sane. They are keeping me sane in the dozenth winter storm we’ve had this year and I hope that they can maybe also give you a little bit of hope with all their sunshine and greenery.

A few weeks back we headed down to Marco Island to visit family and explore the sun. Here are a few photos from our adventures:

florida10florida15florida20florida21florida6florida13florida17florirdaa1 copyfloridaa5floridaa3 copyfloridaa4florida12florida8florida7florida3florida5florida2florida4florida9floridaaaa

We actually spent the week with my entire family on my mother’s side even though all these pictures are only of Wyatt and I. Perhaps this is because I forgot to lug my camera around during most of our adventures and the few pictures I did take were during our long walks around sunset.

• Reply Harriet March 2, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Beautiful! It looks like the perfect mid-winder getaway.

• Reply molly yeh March 2, 2014 at 11:21 pm

ahhh these are sooo pretty!!!! lucky you luck you.

and i totally know that feeling of absolutely not wanting to lug around a camera on vacation, but at least you got these beauties :)

• Reply cheri March 3, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Such nice pics!

• Reply Gina Frances March 4, 2014 at 10:44 am

These photos make me feel so nostalgic. My family used to own a home out in Marco Island. Big green house on stilts on the water. We used to go out on the boat and create the fondest memories. So nice to see Marco Island again :) Thank you for sharing these!

• Reply Shellywest March 4, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Oh my gosh! How did you give it up?! It was SO hard to leave after just a week…

• Reply Rosemary Walnut Ice Cream // A Recipe From Scoop Adventures | April 5, 2014 at 10:40 am

[…] honey I used in this recipe was a jar we picked up in Marco Island during our little adventure earlier this spring. It’s saw palmetto honey, which has a very distinct flavor profile to it. The distinct flavor […]