Boozy Citrus & Whipped Goat Cheese Popsicles

May 16, 2014

popsicle5

I’m pretty obsessed with the concept of adding unusual flavors to whipped cream and incorporating it into everything I eat. Floral whip, (goat) cheesy whip, nutty whip – you name it and I’ve probably toyed with the idea of incorporating it into a recipe. Thus, here we are with a popsicle recipe mostly made out of whipped goat cheese. The results are light and refreshing (just how you want it to be on a hot summer afternoon) and surprisingly ‘adult’ with the mature flavors of goat cheese and booooooze. I made these popsicles for my good foodie friend, Renee from Will Frolic For Food, so hop on over to her blog now to check out the recipe.

Also, in case you missed it, Renee was kind enough to share an amazing popsicle recipe here on VV earlier this week that combined the wonderful world of tart rhubarb and sweet coconut milk – click here to check it out!

_____

Also, while we are at it, here is an array of other amazing popsicle recipes that you need to bookmark for all your summer hangouts in the sun:

+ Maria from Pink Patisserie has the most gorgeous White Peach, Nectarine, & Rose Water Creamsicles up on her blog.

+ Harriet over at Molly, ily has a wonderful and simple recipe for Mango Coconut Creamsicles.

+  Berry season is coming and there is no better way to use your bounty than with these Smashed Berry-Lime-Coconut pops.

+ If you’ve been following VV for awhile then you already know about these but my Raw Vegan Fudgiscles are one of the most visited recipes on the site!

+ I’ve never seen roasted berries look as appetizing as they do in these Roasted Strawberry, Coconut, & Lime Icy Pops.

Now – go make some popsicles and spend this weekend in the sun!

• Reply Liz B. @ Umami Life May 16, 2014 at 9:36 am

Oh my goodness. Putting cheese in the mix = so much richness. Great idea here, thanks!

http://thatumamilife.wordpress.com – a clean eating bento blog. Japanese or Asian-inspired.

• Reply maria | pink patisserie May 16, 2014 at 11:26 am

Really gorgeous recipe! I’m so ready for popsicle season.. Thanks so much for the link love. Heading on over to check out the recipe!

• Reply Gabby @ the veggie nook May 16, 2014 at 11:26 am

Wow what a cool idea! Heading over :)

• Reply Koko May 16, 2014 at 5:04 pm

I’m having a hard time imagining goat cheese in a popsicle, but I love goat cheese so I bet it’s great! Heading over to check out the recipe.

• Reply Marcella May 16, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Oh my!

These are so gorgeous. Thanks for all the pops-piration, btw. I have been dying to make popsicles and these all sound incredible!

• Reply Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar May 16, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Such a cool flavour combination! Love this!

• Reply Crazy Good Food and Other Ramblings May 19, 2014 at 11:44 am

[…] Boozy Citrus + Whipped Goat Cheese Popsicles from Vegetarian Ventures and Will Frolic for food […]

• Reply Food Love - A Cookie Named Desire May 26, 2014 at 1:11 am

[…] Boozy Citrus & Whipped Goat’s Cheese Popsicles – Boozy, yes. Citrus, yes. Whipped Goat’s Cheese, oooh yes. […]

• Reply Citrus Biscotti with Hibiscus Glaze | May 31, 2014 at 9:08 am

[…] lately dipping into large projects outside of VV… whether that be creating a magazine or guest posting or working on secret assignments that I can’t reveal to you (just yet) – there has been […]