Wake up with Mascarpone: Breakfast Bowl & Breakfast Sandwich
Usually when I purchase mascarpone, I use it up in one sitting by making a fruit dip or smothering on top of cookies. However, this time I’ve been savoring it by throwing a tablespoon or two into pretty much every meal. Pasta? Sure, why not!? Granola. Yes, please! Blondies? Why not dip them in mascarpone? It’s been wonderful to open up the fridge and wonder “what can I douse in mascarpone today?”.
This intention has caused the creation of two delicious, quick breakfasts. I am the type of person who wakes up 20 minutes before she has to leave for work and needs a breakfast FAST. The first one is an indulgent twist on my usual morning granola and yogurt. And the second is a bit more YOLO (do you say that? I don’t actually say that…I just could not think of a better describing word. Thank you mainstream media for RUINING MY VOCABULARY).
Let me elaborate a bit more on my contrast between these two breakfasts. I have a [wonderful] boyfriend who is so skinny that you could probably see through him when he turns to the side. This really irritates me when we eat 80% of the same foods (the other 20% is him getting a side of fries when I get a side salad) and it’s like he is getting skinnier as I am getting bigger! This is good in the aspect that it strives for me to constantly eat better as to not become the husky one in this relationship. But, at the same time and out of frustration, it also makes me want to down an entire jar of nutella when he is not looking. So this week’s breakfasts have consisted of ‘Morning bebe. Here is a big bowl of Granola / Mascarpone / Fruit that I made us for breakfast” and “Oh, you aren’t awake yet? Well I’m downing this Nutella / Ciabatta / Mascarpone sandwich before you get up” [I mean the Nutella has been in that cabinet for far too long…it could go bad soon! I’m only eating this as to not waste food…maybe…no, not really].
So, whether you are feeling like treating yourself or giving your body a good foundation for the day, one of these breakfasts should satisfy your needs. I’d suggest you whip up a batch of your own mascarpone so you can have yummy, creamy breakfasts to look forward to all week as well!
Mascarpone Breakfast Bowl
- 1 cup homemade granola (I used my pumpkin granola but use whatever you like)
- 1/4 cup fresh mascarpone
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- drizzle of honey
- fresh fruit
Slice the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrap out the seeds. Discard the pod and transfer seeds to small bowl with the mascarpone. Whisk until combined and then pour in granola. Top with fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey.
Mascarpone Breakfast Sandwich with Nutella & Fresh Fruit
- 1 slice ciabatta bread
- 2-3 Tablespoons Nutella or any hazelnut spread
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Fresh fruit
Slice the ciabatta bread in half and spread the Nutella on one side and the mascarpone on the other. Sprinkle the cinnamon on both sides and spread a single layer of bread. Fold the two pieces into each other and set under the broiler for a minute (or until your desired warm/crispiness is achieved). Eat immediately [preferably before anyone else sees you or else you may have to make more].
Daily dose. Why wake up slowly? Let’s get this day going:
Love your photos! this looks delish.
Recipe Round-Up: 5 Ingredient Vegetarian Recipes
[…] Mascarpone Breakfast Bowl – Throwing mascarpone cheese and fresh vanilla bean seeds into your morning breakfast will take that boring old granola to all new heights! […]